Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A new chapter, a new blog

I have been working from home for just over a year now. I am in love with my job, and have decided to start sharing my successes, trials and errors, to help others in the same industry.
A mother of two, with a generally over-filled schedule, and not enough dough to pay for full-time daycare x2, working from home was the only option.

Direct sales never intrigued me, stuffing envelopes- I don't think so. Someone even suggested putting together Christmas ornaments for some company at home for .5 cents/piece. What? Really? No, I have a little more pride than that, and half a brain too.

I had been using Shaklee's Basic H all purpose cleaner for years (thanks mom-in-law). I loved it, and used it always. Meanwhile I had NO idea Shaklee could also be an opportunity for a SAHM to make some cash.
I debated with myself. Could I do this? I asked a million questions, did a ton of research. Talked it over with my family, and finally about one year ago I took the dive into business ownership.

It was a Saturday night. I had a glass of red by my side, and my hubby across the table. Credit card in hand (cause you have to spend money to make money), and started my minimal investment, work from home business.

Empowered. That is the understatement of the year. I was ecstatic. I was a proud business owner.
I had partnered with a multi-billionaire (Roger Barnett), and done something GREAT for the environment all in one click of the mouse.
They(Shaklee) plant trees for each new distributor. They are the first company EVER to be certified Climate Neutral. They have no negative reviews. They have been in business since the 50's. Their AVERAGE customer has been with the company for 17 years. There's many more reasons, but that was enough to get me going.

So if want to start your own business, and work from home in your jammies (or the occasional, dressed Starbucks shift), make MINIMAL investment, and start up with Shaklee. Call me, text me, email me- I'll get you started. Right after I get my slippers out of the dryer (did I mention the fabric softener is amazing!?).

No comments:

Post a Comment